Lifes little Reminders

I often find that I have forgotten some of the important and fun things from every day life. Here is where I will remember them



I have this friend who I have been friends with for about ten years. Lets call her Rose. Throughout high school Rose and I were inseperable, and even for a while afterwards. However, we hit some rough patches and stopped speaking off an on- but here's the thing- as far as I am concerned it has always been her doing (or not doing). The pattern has become that she just ouright stops talking to me, respding to calls etc. In fact, now in current time, the last 3 times we were supposed to get together she has blown me off.

Here's my issue- I understand you have a lifem you have kids, you have other people to deal with besides me.. I would never think myself to be that high on the priority list. But why can't you call someone and say that? Instead of leaving me hanging and waiting for you, why not shoot a text my way to say "something came up", "I'm tired", "I feel like staying in tonight", etc..All of these things are perfectly acceptable so why not?!?!

Furthermore, How am I supposed to take it when I KNOW we have plans that haven't been kept but you do have time to hang out with other people? Again- not trying to be a top priority, I just want to be informed!!! I really don't think this is an impossible concept to grasp. In today's society we are mostly always reachable via Facebook, text and phone..

USE IT!

5 comments:

How painful! In some ways, texting/fb/twitter/email makes it worse- b/c it does seem like there isn't any excuse.

I linked you up today. There's a little blue button that says "add your link" that's at the bottom of the other links. Anytime you are doing any of these things, just click on that and add your info!

Thanks for sharing.

I hear you! I've said that same thing over and over. There really is no excuse to behave that way. Be a grown up and just let that person know. You don't even have to talk to them, like you said. There's email, text, Facebook, etc. Not too hard to send that msg.
Found you through Shell. :)

Infuriating! That drives me bonkers when people do not at least text/call that they cannot come, its like the rudest first date that you'd never go on a second date with but you give the person the benefit of the doubt because they're your friend.

I say stop being available and find better friends!

drives me NUTS!

I am so sorry you have to deal with this. (p.s. I found you through Shell at Things I Can't Say). I think you should move on and find friends who have the decency to call and let you know when they have to cancel. You deserve better.

Hey- sorry about the pic- when you link up, a list of images from your site popped up and since I didn't know what you'd want- I just picked the blank image.

Post a Comment